Slow speed 3D printing has been the major cause of delayed prototyping and longer lead time. It is the primary driving force behind losing out on countless purchase orders. Printing at speed over and above 100gm/hr is now a reality. As a result, high-speed 3D printing has become the new norm of the advanced, efficient, and productive manufacturing sector. From prototyping to small-batch to high-strength end-use and functional parts, high-speed 3D printing is penetrating the heart of manufacturing and new product development.
This Republic Day, it gives us immense joy to share with you our tribute to the nation. Recognizing our technological research as both unique and just, both India and the United States of America has granted us a patent for Advanced Fusion Plastic Modeling.
Current challenges with high-speed 3D printing
FFF 3D printers generally work on the principle of uniform extrusion rate throughout the print time. The flow of the molten material is constant across the geometry of the part, regardless of the design demands. The biggest disadvantage we have been witnessing is that the filament weight, during the extrusion, decreases significantly at high speed, giving a bad quality finished product.
After 10000+ hours of extensive research, we found that the problem is not in the extruder but lies with the gear and hot-end system.
At high-speed 3D printing, the filament deforms in the gear system. Because of the backpressure generated by the hot-end coupled with no auto-control of the material flow rate, 3D printers show a slight slip in the system leading to a complete or partial nozzle blockage. Consequently, this results in a longer turnaround time in prototyping, small-batch 3D printed end-use and functional parts.
The solution from Divide By Zero – AFPM
This patented technology by Divide By Zero relies heavily on intuitive automation and smart software application to automatically determine potential pitfalls, take corrective measures, and minutely calibrate the extruder to optimize the movement and flow to deliver an output quality far superior to all other FDM and FFF 3D printers currently available in the segment.
In simple words, AFPM works on automatic control of material flow rate on a layer by layer basis depending upon part geometry.
AFPM – Material Strength
Achieve unmatched deposition rates at high-speed print operations by boosting part strength and quality. In addition, AFPM matches the industrial standardized metrics of the built materials by complying with the thermal, elasticity, and RA value requirements.
- Adaptive flow-rate and temperature optimization for better z bonding.
- Up to 2 times higher component strength compared to any FFF output.
- Precision temperature-control PID system with 100-watt extruder heating systems.
AFPM – Surface Finish
- All new hardened high flow nozzle
- 10 times longer melt zone
- Servo controlled high precision extruder
- High precision linear Guide Rails + Ball Screw Gantry
AFPM – Speed X Accuracy – 10X Fast @ 5X Accuracy
- Servo + Ball Controlled Motion system with 5-micron positional Accuracy
- 64-bit quad-core processor based high-speed controller
- Patented Stable Build Platform + Moving Gantry
- Dual-Layer all-metal robust chassis
Achievements – Incorporating AFPM
- Save up to 90% of the time when it comes to traditional CNC machining and up to 85% of the time compared to a market-ready FFF 3D printer.
- Reduce tooling cost and operating overhead costs significantly with high-speed 3D printing, achieving results quicker and faster.
- More time for innovation without following up with vendors and not being subjected to large MOQ purchase orders.
- In addition, you can market your products 10X faster achieving rising exponential profits annually.
- Reduce customer conversion cycle time by 10 fold with faster product prototyping.
- Low volume production is the new key. On-board your business with mass customization using high-speed 3D printing and unleash your crazy ideas into practical innovation.
It gives us immense joy to share with you one of our biggest accomplishments, starting in 2021. Recognizing our technological research as both unique and just, both India and the United States of America has granted us a patent for AFPM – Advanced Fusion Plastic Modeling.
Reach out to us for all your 3D Printing requirements, and we will be happy to connect you with our applications expert on a free one-to-one ROI demo session.